A twist on the traditional beef lasagne, this chicken version is a hearty, classic winter warmer.
- 500 g chicken mince
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 670 g jar tomato passata (puree)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 300 g fresh lasane sheets
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup cream
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Heat a deep, non-stick pan and stir-fry the mince for a few minutes, until lightly coloured. Remove to a plate. Add 1 tbsp oil and gently cook the onion for 5 minutes. Return mince to the pan with lemon rind, oregano, passata and vinegar, then season and cook for 10 minutes.
- Layer sheets of lasagne in an oven-proof dish with chicken sauce, mozzarella and pesto, finishing off with a thin layer of cream, some mozzarella and pesto.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with a salad of your choice.