Take a hands-on approach to this sumptuous middle eastern feast
- 425 g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1cm pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp freeze-dried ground garlic
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 4 small spinach wraps
- sunflower seed hummus
- cos lettuce leaves and rocket torn
- beefsteak tomatoes
- thinly sliced purple, white and orange baby carrots and celery, cut into thin strips
- radishes, very thinly sliced (i used a mandolin)
- cucumber, deseeded and cut into long thin strips
- grated beetroot mixed with pomegranate seeds
- mixed sprouts
- 1/2 cup mixed cashew nuts, almonds and pine nuts, dry roasted and roughly chopped
- garlic yoghurt or chilli sauce, to serve
- Place chicken in a large bowl and combine with remaining ingredients.
- Heat a large frying pan over a high heat and pan-fry the chicken pieces for 3-4 minutes, tossing continuously to cook it on all sides. Alternatively, you can grill it on a hot barbecue plate.
- Lightly chargrill the wraps to make folding easier. Work quickly while the wraps are still warm.
- Lay one spinach wrap on a clean bench top. Spread with a thin layer of sunflower-seed hummus. Place some of the torn lettuce and rocket across the centre of wrap with a little of the prepared vegetables. Add either falafel, fish or chicken and a little tabbouleh as well. Scatter a few sprouts and nuts on top.
- Fold over two sides, then the side nearest to you to enclose the filling, tucking as you go. Continue to roll up tightly. Cut in half to serve. Serve with garlic yoghurt and chilli sauce.