Chicken cacciatore, chicken recipe, brought to you by recipes+
- 2 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 8 chicken thigh cutlets
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 400 g can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped (optional)
- 100 g pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves, plus extra leaves, to serve
- mashed potato, to serve
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over moderately high heat. Cook chicken, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a heatproof plate.
- Add remaining oil to pan over moderate heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add wine; bring to the boil. Add stock, tomato, tomato paste and anchovies.
- Return chicken to pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Stir in olives and basil. Top with extra basil. Serve with mash.
Keep screen on while I cookDone! Your screen will stay awake for an hour or until you leave this page.
Keep your screen alive while you cook. No more shutting down mid-recipe. Your screen will stay on for an hour with no impact on your device settings.