Chicken, bacon, cranberry & brie burger
A classic combo that marries savoury and sweet
- 400 g chicken mince
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp chopped sage
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 3 tbsp oil
- 75 g brie, sliced
- 6 rashers bacon
- 4 bagels
- handful of mesclun leaves
- 1/3 cup cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 150C. Mix chicken mince, onion, 1 egg, sage, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs together in a bowl.
- Form mixture into 4 patties and dust with flour.
- Whisk remaining egg in a shallow bowl and place panko crumbs in another shallow bowl.
- Dip patties into egg, then into panko crumbs.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook patties until golden on each side.
- Place a slice of brie on each pattie and place in a baking dish, transfer to the oven.
- Wipe out frying pan and cook bacon until starting to crisp. At the same time, slice bagels in half and toast until golden.
- Assemble bagel bases on plates, top with a few leaves, a little bacon and a dollop of sauce. Top with chicken pattie, bacon, leaves and the bagel lid.