Chicken and prawn nasi goreng with cauliflower rice
This nasi goreng recipe sees a takeaway favourite get a clever makeover by swapping traditional fried rice with cauliflower rice. It's the perfect dinner for anyone watching their calorie intake
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 125 g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 250 g peeled prawns
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cm ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, sliced, plus extra to serve
- 100 g green beans, halved
- 1 cup shredded wombok
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- bean sprouts, coriander leaves, chilli sauce to serve
- 1 large cauliflower, chopped
- In a wok, heat half the oil on medium. Pour in egg, swirling to make a thin omelette. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side. Slide onto board, roll up and slice thinly.
- For cauliflower rice: In a food processor, pulse cauliflower until finely chopped. Blanch in a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes until tender. Drain and keep warm.
- In the same wok, heat remaining oil on high. Stir-fry chicken for 3-4 minutes. Add prawns, garlic, ginger and chilli. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add beans, wombok, carrot, capsicum, onion and soy. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Mix in cauliflower rice and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes to heat through.
- Serve in bowls topped with omelette, bean sprouts and coriander and chilli. Accompany with chilli sauce.