Chicken and bacon ragu
This mouth-watering chicken and bacon ragu is cooked to perfection and sure to go down a treat!
- 1 kg chicken thigh cutlets, skin on
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 200 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 100 g streaky bacon rashers, chopped
- 2 cups Campbell’s Chicken Real Stock
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- cooked fettucine and grated parmesan, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Dust chicken with flour, shaking off excess. Reserve any remaining flour.
- Heat oil in a large, flameproof casserole dish (16-cup capacity) over a medium heat. Add chicken, skin-side down. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove.
- Add onion, garlic, celery, carrot, mushrooms and bacon to same hot dish. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Return chicken to dish with Campbell’s Real Stock - Chicken, paste, olives, rosemary, thyme and reserved flour. Stir to combine. Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Transfer to oven.
- Cook for about 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat. Remove chicken from dish. Cool slightly.
- Shred chicken, removing and discarding bones. Return chicken to dish
- Serve with fettucine and grated parmesan.