- 1/2 cup caster sugar, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 500 g packet frozen cherries
- icing sugar, for dusting
- whipped cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease a 2-litre ovenproof dish.
- Place sugar in a large bowl and sift in combined flours.
- Mix eggs, cream, milk and vanilla in a jug, and gradually whisk into the dry ingredients.
- Arrange cherries in dish. Pour the batter over. Sprinkle with extra sugar. Bake for 55-60 minutes, until golden and just set.
- Dust with icing sugar. Serve warm with whipped cream.