Cheesy Baked Bean Fritters with Ham & Eggs
Turn The Tables - Make magic out of your pantry staples and transform the classics.undefinedEmbrace what’s in your cupboards – that tin of beans or soup can be added to a classic recipe and, with a few twists, you can create amazing new menus.
- 3 tbsp oil, divided
- 300 g ham, thickly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 spring onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 baked beans
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- pinch mixed herbs
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup potatoes, mashed
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce or bbq sauce
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 beaten egg
- salt and pepper
- Mix all the fritter ingredients together in a bowl.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Shape the fritter mixture into 5cm patties, cook in batches for several minutes on each side until golden. Once cooked, keep the fritters warm.
- Add remaining oil to frying pan. Heat the ham; set aside and keep warm. Fry the eggs.
- Combine tomatoes, spring onion, basil and olive oil to make a fresh tomato salsa.
- Serve fritters, ham and eggs with a helping of fresh tomato salsa and a grind of pepper.