Cheat's strawberry and cream trifle with custard
No hard work is required to whip up this trifle recipe! By using just a few simple store-bought ingredients, you can be enjoying this summer trifle for dessert in no time. It's perfect for entertaining
- 2 store-bought, jam-filled Swiss rolls (around 250g each)
- 4 1/2 tbsp sherry (or fruit juice)
- 1 can berries in juice (eg boysenberries)
- 3 punnets strawberries, washed, hulled and halved or quartered, plus extra to decorate
- 500 ml store-bought custard
- 300 ml cream, whipped
- Slice Swiss rolls into 1cm slices. Line bottom third (including sides) of trifle bowl with a third Swiss roll slices, then drizzle with 1½ Tbsp sherry or fruit juice.
- Add third of berries with some of the juice, third of strawberries, third of custard and third of cream
- Repeat layers twice more, starting with Swiss rolls and finishing with whipped cream.
- Decorate trifle with a few extra strawberries and chill for 3-4 hours or overnight.