Carrot cake, flour recipe, brought to you by recipes+
- 1 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free cornflour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp psyllium husks
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 1 cup coarsely grated carrot
- 440 g can crushed pineapple in natural juice, well drained
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- cream cheese icing, to serve
- 1/4 cup finely chopped glace‚ pineapple
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Grease a 20cm ring pan. Line base with baking paper.
- Sift flours, bicarbonate of soda and spices twice into a large bowl. Add sugar and husks.
- Whisk together egg and oil; add to flour with carrot, pineapple and pecans. Stir to combine. Spoon mixture into prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted at centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Prepare bought or homemade Cream Cheese icing. Spread icing over cake; top with pineapple. Slice to serve.