This popular tropical fruit sings on the plate once browned and drizzled with a sugary sauce and nuts. Serve with ice-cream for a glorious summer dessert.
- 1 medium (1.5kg) pineapple, peeled
- 50 g butter
- 1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup (35g) coarsely chopped pistachios
- Cut pineapple into quarters lengthways; remove the core. Cut each quarter into 4 long wedges.
- Heat 20g of the butter in a large, non- stick frypan over medium-high heat. Add pineapple; cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown. (You may need to do this in batches). Remove from pan; cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the remaining butter, sugar and cardamom to the pan. Stir to combine. Simmer, uncovered, over a medium heat until thickened.
- Place 2-3 pineapple wedges on each serving plate. Drizzle with the sauce and sprinkle with pistachios. Serve with vanilla ice-cream, if desired.