Caramel-glazed roast pumpkin with yoghurt dressing
Nici Wickes shares her mum's stunning yet simple recipe for gourmet roast pumpkin. Sticky with brown sugar and served with a tangy yoghurt dressing, this makes a perfect side dish or vegetarian main
- 4 wedges of pumpkin, skinned, cut into 5-7cm-thick wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sunflower and/or pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt and a grind of black pepper
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp horseradish
- 1 tsp pomegranate molasses
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line an oven dish and lay the wedges snugly in. Pour over the olive oil, then sprinkle with the brown sugar, seeds and seasoning. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove the foil, baste with pan juices and cook for a further 15-30 minutes until the pumpkin is soft and coated with a caramel glaze.
- For the yoghurt dressing, whisk all the ingredients together or whiz in a food processor.
- Serve the pumpkin as an entrée or side dish, with wedges set on a pool of the dressing and a few seeds sprinkled over the top. Extra dressing can be served on the side.