Thick minestrone soup is the perfect comforting Italian dinner for any day of the week.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 750 ml Campbell's Real Vegetable Stock
- 700-800ml passata
- 1 tsp dried basil or 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup Orzo or risoni
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- handful of parsley
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, garlic, celery, zucchini and carrots and cook gently until becoming soft.
- Add the stock, passata and herbs and cover. Simmer for around 25 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the orzo and canned beans and cook 10 minutes, stirring from time to time to prevent the pasta sticking.
- Add the parsley, season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot