Build-your-own bagel brunch
Throw a morning meal to impress with this generous platter of family-style fare! This bagel recipe is perfect for the whole family to enjoy and get a hearty start to the day
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 rashers rindless bacon
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 4 or 6 eggs
- 3 blueberry bagels, split, toasted
- 3 savoury bagels, split, toasted
- 250 g spreadable cream cheese
- 200 g smoked salmon slices
- baby spinach leaves, lemon wedges, chopped dill, jam, honey, to serve
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan on high. Cook the bacon for 1-2 minutes each side until crisp and golden. Drain on a paper towel.
- Half-fill a deep frying pan with water. Add the vinegar. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat to low (simmering gently around edge). Working with 1 egg at a time, crack the eggs into a small bowl, then slide into the water. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the whites have set.
- Arrange the bacon, eggs and all the other toppings on platters with bagels.