Four ingredients are all you need to create this quick, satisfying breakfast or snack.
- 4 slices grain bread, each buttered on 1 side
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp chives (or parsley or basil), finely sliced
- Place 2 pieces of bread, butter side down, in a toastie maker. Gently push the bread into the hollows a little so it can capture the egg. Break an egg onto each slice, breaking the yolk to ensure a little yolk fills both halves of each toastie.
- Top with grated cheese and herbs, season with salt and pepper and cover with the remaining bread, butter side up.
- Close the toastie maker and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden.