Make them in advance and freeze individually, then pull one out and leave to thaw overnight for the next day.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 kransky sausages, sliced thinly (you can also use frankfurters, salami or chorizo if preferred)
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup tasty or cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt and cracked pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Preheat the oven to 185ºC on fan bake. Line 8 large muffin holes (or a regular 12 tray) with baking paper squares large enough to come up the sides.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and saute onion and sausages for 3-4 minutes until the onion is soft. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, parsley, flour, cheese, paprika and season. Add the cooked onion and Kransky, and stir to combine.
- Whisk together eggs and milk and fold into other ingredients gently until just combined.
- Spoon into prepared trays and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and puffed.
- Serve with pesto herb butter. To make: Combine 50g soft butter, 1 teaspoon basil pesto, 1 teaspoon chopped parsley and mash until smooth.