Bolognese, tomato and feta tart
This clever tart recipe uses versatile bolognese sauce and tops it with olives, cherry tomatoes and rocket to create the perfect light and easy dinner
- 1 1/4 cups basic bolognese sauce
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 250 g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted olives
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- 1 cup rocket leaves to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line two trays with baking paper.
- In a medium saucepan, simmer bolognese sauce on medium for 8-10 minutes until it reduces slightly. Cool.
- Score a 2cm border around each pastry sheet by dragging a small sharp knife over. Place sheets on trays and bake for 10 minutes until puffed up and beginning to colour. Cover with a clean tea towel and gently flatten centre.
- Spread each tart with bolognese sauce, staying within the border. Top with tomatoes, olives, feta and cheddar cheese.
- Bake for a further 10-15 minutes until edges of tart are golden brown and cheese has melted. Serve tart topped with rocket.
Find out how to make versatile basic bolognese sauce.