Bolognese pan pie
Topped with golden filo pastry, this deliciously comforting bolognese pan pie has all the traditional flavours and combines to create the perfect dinner to enjoy during those cold winter months
- 2 bolognese sauce (recipe below)
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 400 g can diced tomatoes
- 400 g can red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 3 sheets filo pastry, halved
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1.5 kg beef mince
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C.
- In an ovenproof frying pan, combine bolognese sauce and seasoning for 2 minutes until hot. Stir in tomatoes and beans. Top with grated cheese. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Spray filo sheets with oil. Scrunch and arrange on top of cheese. Bake for 5 minutes until pastry is crisp. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium. Sauté onion, celery and garlic for 5 minutes until soft. Add mince and cook, stirring to break up lumps, for 5 minutes until browned.
- Add diced tomato, stock and tomato paste. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes until sauce thickens. Sprinkle with parsley.