Blueberry lemon ice blocks
These icy treats not only look and taste amazing but are also really good for you; the vitamin C and antioxidants from the blueberries and lemon juice will help keep your immune system charging so you can enjoy your summer adventures. Recipe by Megan May.
- 2 cups blueberries
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup lemon flesh (take around 3-4 lemons and cut the skin and pith off the lemon and cut into wedges, you want to remove most of the pith but a little is ok)
- 1 cup water
- 3 tsp honey
- Place blueberries, lemon juice, honey and water in a high-speed blender and blend until very smooth. Pour through a fine mesh sieve, pressing on the mixture with the back of the spoon to get as much of the goodness through.
- Pour the sieved blueberry mixture into the ice block moulds to ¾-full (I used a 6-hole ice block mould). Place in the freezer for approximately 30 minutes.
- Rinse blender well so there are no remnants of blueberry. Place the lemon flesh, water and honey in the blender and blend until smooth. As you did with the blueberry mixture, pour through a fine mesh sieve, pressing on the mixture with the back of the spoon to get as much of the goodness through.
- Take the partially frozen blueberry layer out of the freezer and fill each mould to the top. Insert wooden ice block sticks and freeze until firm, around 4-5 hours, depending on your freezer and the size of your ice block moulds.