You have never had cupcakes like these before – they are the best. We decorated them with passionfruit icing and topped each one with an edible flower.
- 125 g soft butter
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs (number 6)
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- passionfruit pulp
- Preheat oven to 160ºC fan bake.
- Place softened butter into cake mixer and beat until white for 5 minutes, then add sugar and continue to beat.
- Add vanilla and eggs one at a time. Sift in flour and add milk and beat quickly, but surely (10 beats is ideal). Do not over-mix.
- Place into cupcake cases and bake for about 25 mins - or when spongy to touch - and pale golden brown.
- Cover with passionfruit icing, then split and fill with freshly whipped cream, or leave as is.
- For the passionfruit icing, beat together 2 cups icing sugar, 1 tbsp soft butter and 1 tbsp cream cheese, thinning to the right consistency with passionfruit syrup.
Keep screen on while I cookDone! Your screen will stay awake for an hour or until you leave this page.
Keep your screen alive while you cook. No more shutting down mid-recipe. Your screen will stay on for an hour with no impact on your device settings.