Berry cheesecake, cheese recipe, brought to you by Woman's Day
- 250 g packet butternut snap biscuits, broken
- 90 g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 500 g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 600 ml thickened cream
- 1/4 cup cointreau or grand marnier
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- fresh mixed berries, to serve
- icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to moderately slow, 160°C. Lightly grease a 22cm spring form pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- In a food processor, process biscuits until finely crushed. Add butter and cinnamon. Process to combine. Press biscuit mixture firmly and evenly over pan base. Chill 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add half cream and liqueur, beating until smooth. Fold in berries. Pour mixture over biscuit base, smoothing surface.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, until just set and slightly wobbly in centre. Turn oven off and allow cheesecake to cool with door ajar for one hour. Cover and chill overnight.
- Whip remaining cream to soft peaks. Spoon over top of cake and pile with fresh berries. Dust with icing sugar to serve.