Berry and chunky chocolate slice
Not too sweet but super fudgy, this slice is like a flour-free brownie except that it’s packed with nut protein for goodness! All the berries and bits of chocolate make this an irresistible treat.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup nut butter (see tip)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 130 g dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh berries – we used raspberries, blackberries and blueberries
- Preheat oven to 160ºC, fan bake. Line a swiss roll tin, or similar, with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, nut butter, maple syrup and coconut sugar until mixed well. Fold in the baking soda, 3/4 of the chopped chocolate and half of the fruit.
- Pour the batter into the lined tin and sprinkle the remaining chocolate and fruit over top. Press in slightly.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until golden and puffed up and the centre has lost its batter look and taken on more of a cake look.
- Cool in the tin before turning out and cutting into squares.