Beetroot tart, lemon recipe, brought to you by Woman's Day
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 g chilled butter, chopped
- 2 tbsp chilled water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 125 g spreadable cream cheese
- 400 g can baby beetroot, drained, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup rocket leaves
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped toasted walnuts
- 2 tbsp parsley leaves
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease an oven tray.
- For pastry, sift flour and salt into a bowl. Add butter and rub in using fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in water and juice to form a soft dough. Shape into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill 30 minutes.
- Roll pastry out between 2 sheets baking paper to a rough 20cm x 35cm rectangle. Transfer to baking tray on piece of paper. Bake 15-20 minutes, until golden. Allow to cool.
- Spread cream cheese over pastry. Arrange beetroot and scatter rocket, walnuts, parsley and zest. Drizzle with oil. Season to taste.