Bean enchiladas, vegetables recipe, brought to you by recipes+
- 2 tsp vegetable or olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 400g can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 250g jar mild taco sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 large flour tortillas, heated
- 1 cup grated extra-light cheddar cheese
- cooked long-grain white rice and salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, 3 minutes, or until soft.
- Add beans, taco sauce and water; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to moderate; simmer 10 minutes, or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Combine avocado, sour cream and juice in a bowl; season. Chill guacamole.
- Place tortillas on a flat work surface; top with cheese then bean mixture. Roll up to enclose filling.
- Transfer rolls to prepared tray, seam-side down. Bake 5 minutes, or until golden and melted. Stand on tray 5 minutes.
- Cut enchiladas in half. Serve with guacamole, rice and salad leaves.