Barbecued new potato skewers with rosemary and maple
Fire up the grill and feed the family with this delicious skewer recipe. Tender new potatoes are paired with rosemary, maple and citrus marinade and barbecued to perfection. Try serving with chicken
- 1 whole chicken (we used Tegel Classic Satay butterflied chicken)
- 750 g new potatoes
- salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped rosemary
- zest of ½ an orange
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- Cook the chicken according to the pack instructions.
- Soak 12 bamboo skewers in water. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water, add a large pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife. Drain, then run under cold water to cool. Return to the pan.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. If the potatoes are uneven sizes, cut larger ones in half. Add the oil, rosemary, orange zest, garlic and maple syrup to the saucepan and toss the potatoes to thoroughly coat. Thread several pieces onto each skewer.
- Place the skewers on the grill and cook, for 3 minutes, or until grill marks develop. Brush with any remaining dressing as they cook. Turn the skewers and grill for 3 more minutes, or until crisp and golden all over. Transfer the potato skewers onto a serving platter and sprinkle with salt and chopped parsley, if using. Serve with chicken.