Banana, oat and yoghurt bread
This deliciously light and fluffy banana, oat and yoghurt bread recipe is perfect served for morning or afternoon tea, accompanied with a hot cup of tea or coffee
- 125 g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup Greek style yoghurt
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 ripe yet firm banana
- 1 tbsp rolled oats for top
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line a 25cm loaf pan with baking paper.
- Place the butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and then the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in the mashed banana, yoghurt, combined flour and baking soda, and the oats.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Slice the ½ banana lengthwise and arrange the slices over the surface of the loaf. Sprinkle with the tablespoon of oats.
- Bake for 30 minutes and then increase the heat to 175°C and bake a further 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the loaf comes out clean. Cover with foil if the top starts to brown too much.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Once completely cold store in an airtight container.