Balsamic pumpkin, beetroot and onion salad
This pumpkin, beetroot and onion salad is a great idea for a healthy side for your Christmas table. The balsamic glaze gives it a tasty tang, and it's filled with beautiful vibrant colours.
- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch baby beets, trimmed, scrubbed, halved, leaves retained
- 2 red onions, cut into thick wedges
- 80 g baby rocket
- 100 g white castello, crumbled
- balsamic glaze to serve
- Preheat oven to hot, 200°C.
- Place pumpkin in a large baking dish. Drizzle with oil and season. Toss well. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add beetroot and onion, basting with a little oil. Bake for a further 10-15 minutes or until pumpkin is tender and golden, and beetroot and onion are tender.
- Toss vegetables in a serving bowl with rocket and reserved beetroot leaves. Dot with cheese and drizzle with glaze to serve.