Baked strawberry cheesecake
Dessert doesn't get much better than this baked strawberry cheesecake. This recipe creates a creamy, decadent cake that's perfect served topped with strawberry sauce and freshly whipped cream
- 250 g plain sweet biscuits, crushed
- 150 g butter, melted
- 250 g spreadable cream cheese
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 x 250g punnets strawberries, hulled, halved, plus extra to serve
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- whipped cream to serve
- Preheat oven to moderately slow, 160°C. Lightly grease a 20cm springform pan and place on an oven tray.
- In a bowl, mix crumbs and butter until combined. Using the back of a spoon, press firmly into base and sides of pan. Bake for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, pulse cream cheese, sugar and half the strawberries until smooth. Add eggs and pulse for 1-2 minutes until smooth. Pour in cream and pulse for a few seconds until just combined.
- Pour into biscuit case. Bake for 1¼ hours until puffed a little with a slight wobble in the centre. Turn off oven and leave cheesecake inside to cool completely with the door ajar. Chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- In a small saucepan, heat icing sugar and remaining strawberries on high for 15 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. Roughly mash a few strawberries. Transfer to a heat-proof bowl to cool completely.
- Serve the cheesecake topped with whipped cream, strawberry sauce and extra fresh strawberries.