Bursting with flavour, this mouth-watering asparagus salad is hearty enough to keep you going until dinner. Drizzle with the tangy dressing and savour.
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 slices ciabatta, broken into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, blanched and halved
- 1 lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (25g) shaved parmesan
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Toss bread, oil, pine nuts and garlic in a baking dish. Bake for 5-10 minutes, until bread is crisp and golden. Cool.
- Combine spinach leaves, asparagus, cucumber and bread mixture in a large serving bowl.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients in a jug. Drizzle over salad. Top with eggs, onion and parmesan. Serve.