Quiche is not only a great way to use up any leftovers in the fridge, it can also be prepared ahead and simply reheated at dinner time.
- 2 sheets (350g) savoury shortcrust pastry
- 8 asparagus spears
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 24cm flan pan and line with pastry, prick several times with a fork. Cover with baking paper and weights (you can use dried rice or beans) and then bake blind for 15 minutes. Remove weights and paper and continue to cook for a few minutes more until pastry is golden. Reduce heat to 180°C.
- Cook asparagus in boiling, salted water for 4 to 5 minutes until just tender. Remove from heat, lift out spears and allow to cool enough to handle then chop into thirds.
- Whisk together the cream, milk and eggs, then mix in the cheese.
- Place asparagus in the pastry shell then pour over the filling. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until filling is just set.
Keep screen on while I cookDone! Your screen will stay awake for an hour or until you leave this page.
Keep your screen alive while you cook. No more shutting down mid-recipe. Your screen will stay on for an hour with no impact on your device settings.