The crunchy golden cornflakes in this delicious apricot and coconut slice will keep the whole family happy for days.
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cornflakes
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease and line an 18 x 28cm slice pan with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk butter, egg and honey together.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Stir in apricots, coconut and sugar. Pour in butter mixture, mixing well.
- Spoon mixture into pan. Sprinkle cornflakes evenly over mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden. Set aside to cool completely. Cut into squares and serve.
Keep screen on while I cookDone! Your screen will stay awake for an hour or until you leave this page.
Keep your screen alive while you cook. No more shutting down mid-recipe. Your screen will stay on for an hour with no impact on your device settings.