Enjoy the timeless flavours of Anzac biscuits through these warm, buttery muffins - fabulous served with butter and golden syrup.
- 2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 cup anzac biscuit crumbs, plus 1/2 cup extra (about 8 biscuits in total)
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 125 g butter, melted, cooled
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper patty cases.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, Anzac crumbs and sugar. In a jug, whisk together milk, butter and egg. Mix into dry ingredients until just combined - 16 strokes is usually enough (there will still be small pockets of flour).
- Spoon into muffin cases. Sprinkle tops with extra Anzac crumbs. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack. Store in an airtight container.