Enjoy the great Australian classic in cake form - enhanced by a delicious honey icing.
- 125 g butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar mixture
- 60 g butter, melted
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp hot water (approximately)
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease and line a 20x30cm slice pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter and golden syrup. Stir over heat until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine self-raising flour, coconut and sugar. Stir in butter mixture. Gradually blend in combined milk and eggs, until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked when tested. Turn cake onto a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine icing sugar, butter, honey, vanilla essence, and enough hot water to make thick, spreadable icing.
- Spread icing over cooled cake. Cut into squares.